Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Today Was Difficult

Today would have been an excellent day for something fun to come in the mail, but alas, nothing did.

Today was, well. A day in need of such redemption.

A couple of 'did I mention it yet' things first: one, that the unit above us is gutting their place, meaning demo and noise and all that jazz, with them hopeful they'll finish in November. Two: that I started going to water aerobics class again last week (I decided I was ready to try it, given the small group, pool location outside, and that masks are required in the building [though they aren't enforcing it: this morning, the woman at the desk wasn't wearing one, and when someone asked her, she raised her travel mug and said it's hard to drink tea with a mask on, which ... is really missing the point]). Forgive me for not checking the archives myself, but this headache...

So, the noise upstairs started yesterday, and I re-learned that yeah, the noise-cancelling headphones do help, though they're not the most comfortable things to wear for long periods. This morning, they started up before I went off to swimming, and during class, my head started hurting (coincidentally, I expect), and that's been all day. 

And the demo noise. They can't be right over my head the whole time....

And the roofers are still here. Not only are they still here, even though they are supposed to be "really for sure we mean it this time" almost done, but today they took up part of the side roof edge that was finished, damn it, finished, and tacked plastic wrap over it, which hello, hurricane season, really?

As my mother says, sometimes you have to laugh or else you'd cry.

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, I'd be contacting the gym's management to complain about their staff person not wearing a mask. It's so damned irresponsible.

    ReplyDelete