Friday, June 05, 2020

Something Mundane

I was reading a blog post from The More, The Messier in which she mentioned loving her office chair, which made my ears perk up because mine is pretty bad (it's old, and probably dying), and as my back has been bothering me lately (not only from the chair, but it has to be contributing), I asked her what kind of chair it was. Turns out it's from the Container Store, and here's where it gets a little weird. 

The page she sent me to said it wasn't available for shipping, and also it's not currently in stock at my 'nearest' store (which is 90 miles away--and I'm not going to the east coast any time soon, even though I'd like to try it out. With everything else happening this week*, it's almost possible to forget about the whole global pandemic, deadly contagious virus situation, isn't it? Just me?). But when I looked more, there are other colors the chair is available in--and just one of them is available to ship. I wonder why dark green is special? It isn't just that it's in stock: most of the colors show not in stock even at Miami, but Taupe and Steel Blue are available for curbside pickup, just not shipping.
*I'm just going to keep mentioning that Black Lives Matter, by the way, because they do.

It's weird. And actually, I really don't want to mail-order a chair (for over $100 [though I have a coupon, which takes it down to $90]) without sitting in it...so we'll see.

While I'm here, can I complain about Blogger's new, "improved" interface? We all know I don't like change, but it isn't just that. Previously, for example, if I wanted to insert a link, I would highlight the text I wanted, click the link button, paste-and-enter, done. Now, after I highlight the text and click the link button, I have to click on three different things and mouse to the ok button. It's not that it's impossible or anything, but why did they make it harder?

1 comment:

  1. Because employees have to prove they're doing something and engineers like playing with their toys? I dunno, Wordpress for about a week broke my putting my photos in. I found a weird workaround that involved jumping through a ton of hoops that only worked halfway most of the time and was very frustrating--it could take ten minutes to do what should be a simple click or two. I guess enough people complained; they changed it back.

    ReplyDelete