Sunday, June 28, 2020

More Yarn! Yankee Dyer Edition

I've been ordering more yarn lately--I know, you're so surprised, right? That I, of all people, would be ordering yarn? Well, it's true, and I got some in the mail on Friday.

This order was from The Yankee Dyer; my local knitting group mentioned that she was having a sale, and I plunged in. At 25% off, I felt like it was a good time to try out a few of her yarn bases. And look, they came individually wrapped! How cute is that? Little yarn burritos. 
Unwrapped:
Yes, five in the first picture and four in the next; one of the skeins is a gift. I suppose, as she doesn't know I have a blog, it's safe to show it here. She loves bright colors, and when I saw this, I had to get it for her.
You could even say it glows! The colorway is called Hot Pants, in the base Yankee Sole II (80/20 merino/nylon).
On to the ones for me-me-me. Yankee Crush, which has a touch of cashmere (mmmm), in Admiral:
And in Spring Green:
Yankee Breeze, which is half merino, half cotton, in Sunshine:
And Yankee Sole, which is all merino, in Freesia.
When I was putting the skeins away, I noticed this one in the neighborhood of the Freesia, Dirty Water Dyeworks' Lillian in Desert Rose, and looking at them together, I think they go really well. 
They should make something really pretty together, eh?
I'm considering the shawl pattern Mrs. Watson (which calls for sport-weight, but a bunch of people have made it in fingering), but if you think of any patterns that call for 2 skeins of fingering, that might work well for these, let me know!

1 comment: