Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Avoidance Behavior

First, updates on the concerns from last time: Grandma is much the same. Carlos ate better yesterday/last night, so I was hopeful for today, but after not much happening, I made a vet appointment for Thursday.

Oh, and the Bruins might be getting one player back from injury, but lost two more for their west coast road trip, aka "I won't be seeing any of this week's games anyway."

Now, back to knitting. I've been working on the Mioget shawl, and making good progress. Since I shifted to the center/left section, it looks as though I won't be in any trouble of running out of yarn after all, as I had worried. In fact, I'm starting to think I may have too much left over, in the sense that I might want it to be a little larger than it's coming out. I've decided to keep going, but before binding it off, I will make a serious assessment of how it is, and how much yarn is left. I may even do a test blocking on it, still on the cord, to see how much it might grow. I don't have any objection to ripping back and knitting the center section again larger, if it comes to that. I know I like both the look of it, and the process of knitting it, so that wouldn't bother me.

However, last night at stitch and bitch, I realized that if I don't need to do that, I may have a different problem, which is that there isn't much more to do, and I have a two-day knitting opportunity next week, for Thanksgiving*. I'll need to bring a backup project, and deciding what that should be is proving tricky. Cast on something new? But what pattern and what yarn? Pick up something in progress, like Farfalla? But can I make it successful social knitting?
*I usually celebrate the holiday with local family friends, but since this year is their 50th wedding anniversary, we're all going to an inn in Maine to celebrate there instead.

But it sounds like a better thing to think about than some of what's on my mind, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment