Sunday, November 05, 2017

More Knitting

I did, in fact, progress on the shawl I mentioned the other day. I had to do a fair bit of pondering, as, well, the pattern. Well, to quote what I put on Ravelry, "It wouldn’t be fair to criticize a non-professionally published pattern for being not completely professional, but it is fair to say that this is not the easiest thing to follow along with."

In any event, after some more pondering to be sure that I at least thought I was doing what would end up being what I wanted, I moved to the center section. After the straightforward triangle of the right side, it was kind of funny-looking.
But after a little bit, I pinned out that part, and so far, so good.
Once again, though, the color gets washed out.
I had a bit of breakthrough on that, though. I took a progress picture against a blue cushion and, dissatisfied with the yarn color, tried again against a beige cushion.
Now that is closer to how it really looks.
See? Same time, same lighting, but the top one shows a bit more of the blues, at least, if not all the tones of green and purple within.
Photography can be tricky.

No comments:

Post a Comment