Monday, November 06, 2017

Looking for the Bright Side

While moving to Florida is something that I am quite certain about doing, that doesn't mean that there aren't plenty of people and things here that I will greatly miss having as part of my daily life. I can get rather maudlin, if I think about it too long, so here are a few good things about leaving.
  • No more cold weather. I know, duh, but honestly, if this is my last winter in the northeast, I don't mind that at all. Shoveling, scraping off the car windows, being freezing cold, no more!
  • The end of climbing stairs, and needing quarters, to do laundry.
  • In recent years, I have spent the majority of my vacation time going to Florida. Now I'll have it to use coming back to visit!
  • No more MA allergies! I know, I may be allergic to what Florida has to offer, but I may not. There's hope.
Obviously, this isn't a comprehensive list, just a few things as they occurred to me.

2 comments:

  1. And you can plant a mango tree! Uh. If you want to, I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plus, you'll be closer to your mother. That's a big one right there.

    ReplyDelete