Tuesday, November 07, 2017

Tiny Mystery Solved

I bought a new heated mattress pad* this weekend. The old one had been giving me trouble more and more often, turning itself off (so the display would show an E for error, instead of H for high). I was getting tired of dealing with it, but hesitant to spend the money on another, when Ocean State Job Lot had them on sale last week for $40, and I decided it was worth it.
*I got the first one in 2010! Well, that lasted a good long time, didn't it, for daily use?

It's been so nice not to wake up cold, and have to switch it back on, which was happening multiple times a night lately. And I didn't realize how ingrained the habit was of glancing at it during the day, to see if it had turned off underneath his lordship, until I don't have to anymore, but I keep looking at it anyway.

The new one isn't exactly the same as the old one, which had a digital display versus this one's dial, just for example, but the concept is the same, and I noticed something on the packaging that may explain something that has puzzled me a little over the years. Carlos often sleeps on the corner by the window, and sometimes tucks himself over at the other side of the pillow, but frequently, he chooses to sleep at the bottom of the bed instead, and I never could figure out why (not that he has to have a reason that makes sense to me, of course).

Well. See what the small print says?
More heat at your feet. Clever kitty!

No comments:

Post a Comment