Sunday, November 19, 2017

A Functional Wreck

I could write about how tired I am, despite getting decent sleep (thank you, unisom), how my eyes ache all the time and I feel sore all over, as though the burden of grief is a physical one.

I could write about how I saw a tree, perhaps a birch (do other trees have white trunks, or only birches?) that leans to the side, and then all the branches swoop down to the ground so that it is almost U-shaped, and I looked at it and thought, I can relate.

But instead, let me show you this. I was paying bills yesterday, and noticed this on the electric bill.
How is it that I have never noticed that the first letters of July through November spell JASON? Did you ever notice that?

2 comments:

  1. Grief is a physical thing. It's a weight to carry. I wish I could ease it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grief very much affects you on a physical level. It *can* physically hurt. I wish for you easier days and nights.

    ReplyDelete