Monday, November 13, 2017

More Serious Concerns, No Solutions

Yesterday's post sounded, I think, fairly typically lighthearted, or at least not burdened, but in fact I have a couple of non-frivolous worries on my mind right now--and by non-frivolous, I mean I am excluding the Bruins, since just because they can't win two games in a row this season doesn't make them a serious concern, even to me. Disappointing and not fun to watch, yes; serious, no.

Serious is that my grandmother is in the hospital right now, and not doing very well. She may recover and she may not, I guess, which is not so surprising at 103, but still a concern to me, of course.

And I am concerned about Carlos, who isn't eating as much lately as he used to. It may just be a blip, but I don't know, and I'm worried. He's still drinking water, and he does eat a bit, sometimes. Just not very much. Though I am hesitating to call the vet about it. And I can't explain that. Am I overreacting? Underreacting?

For some reason, it feels very serious, but I can't pin down why. I had a terrible time getting to sleep last night, lying there and thinking, This is it. (Meanwhile, he was snuggled up, purring, acting totally normal.)

I opened a fresh can when he came out this afternoon, and he ate some, then came back later and ate a little more. Still not much, but it's something.

1 comment: