Saturday, July 13, 2013

Hockey, Knitting, Sunset, Strawberries

One of the Bruins/hockey blogs I read said recently, "Fill in the blank time! I miss hockey more than _______." And I have to admit, nothing sprang to mind. I mean, it isn't even three weeks since the playoffs ended! There's been so much going on, hockey-wise (not that I'm complaining, mind you). Talk to me in a month and I'll probably be counting the days until training camp, but right now? There's hardly an off-day from hockey news and developments.

Speaking of which, I went up to the Bruins development camp this morning to watch the future Bruins practicing. Having been in Ristuccia many times before (such as in 2006, 2007, 2012) I brought a sweatshirt and a jacket to wear, and thus was able to stay the whole hour and leave with only cold legs--through jeans, mind you, I don't know how people in shorts did it. And sandals! Brr. But it was fun to watch the boys playing, to see them and hear them.

And the unfamiliar names, on familiar jerseys, that's always weird. I'm not a fan of the practice jersey design, by the way, particularly the white ones.
The black around the underarm sections makes it hard to read the numbers from the side, or in motion. Anyway, for whatever reason, the black jerseys were nearer to me most of the time, so it was mostly them I got pictures of.





There are a couple that are almost elbow-to-elbow names there! I couldn't get a picture of him, but one of them is named Grzelcyk, which looks to my eyes like it needs a few more vowels in there.

I always wonder how many of them will end up with the big club; some won't make it professionally, some will be traded ... you just don't know. The consensus seems to be that goalie Malcolm Subban will be in Providence this year, as a backup. I didn't get a really good picture of him, since at any distance the rink's safety netting throws the camera off, but for what it's worth:
I noticed Ryan Fitzgerald a few times, in a good way, so maybe one day he'll be there. It's always nice to see a legacy make it, isn't it?

Anyway, it's summer (not that the weather is all that summery today, mid-70s and cloudy, and where the hell has my sunshine gone), and there are other things to talk of. Like the bike, which I did in fact ride last night, thank you--keep asking! And like the latest purse sock, which is coming nicely:
Not bad for three weeks of around-and-about time. And there are so many odds and ends of things I've meant to post about, in the last month or two, and somehow haven't. For today, here are some lovely sunset photos from my friend's wedding. The reception location has a lovely view over the water. See Boston's skyline in the distance?




The bump on the hill to the right of the sunset in the photo above, is the tower in the photo below. And to the right and up of the tower, see the plane coming in to Logan?



















Wasn't that pretty? The whole wedding was so nice. Did I show you the chocolate-covered strawberries?

How cute is that? They were delicious, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment