Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Three Reasons to Keep it Brief Tonight

  1. Carlos needs me.
  2. The kitchen needs cleaning up.
  3. I started a new book, and want to keep reading.

So, just a brief tale.

Last Monday was the first day when I didn't get the Globe delivered, having switched to e-reading the Globe during the week, and when I left for work that day I found myself looking around, sure that he would have brought one anyway. But no; all week, no paper, I read it on the iPad and was very happy with the new situation.

Yesterday, Monday, there was a paper newspaper outside the door. Hmmm. I don't suppose my new neighbor coincidentally signed up for delivery just now? No. When there was one again this morning, I called them to be sure they weren't charging me for this error. The man assured me that no, the account showed the change, they would contact the local delivery people, and thanks for letting them know.

We'll see what happens next. Any bets? For that matter, any bets on what I'll end up doing when the computer is turned off: door number one, two, or three?

1 comment:

  1. I'm guessing it was a combination of 1 and 3. :-) What are you reading?

    ReplyDelete