Thursday, July 05, 2007

Development Camp?

When did the Bruins start having a Development Camp? In the summer?

I think I did read that they were going to, actually. I've just been so busy, it went in one ear and out the other. The notice just went out (I'm on their e-mailing list: it's called the Cybear Club, which is almost too precious to stand, but we make do, right? Must get the news). The camp is next week, and of course even though they have open sessions, I will be at work (drat!), but maybe Saturday week, I'll drop in and watch them skate, just for fun. Of course, it's always colder than a witch's heart at Ristuccia, which means wearing mid-winter layers in July, now that's fun. We'll see.

Of course, when it comes to that, when did they start firing everyone down to the janitors? Did you notice, last week they "relieved" their assistant GM, Jeff Gorton, of his "duties"? And a scout who'd been with the team for 11 years?

They fired them, is what it means. I'm getting a little sick of press-release-speak. First they're going to find the coach another position in the organization ... now they're relieving the AGM of his duties. Just fire them, already, everyone knows what you mean. We're not stupid, and I assure you, neither are they. (They may not be doing a Cup-winning job ... but I bet they're not stupid.)

No comments:

Post a Comment