Thursday, July 04, 2013

Happy 4th!

It's been a pleasant lazy day here, ending with me on the couch, typing with one hand because someone furry is draped over the other arm, purring. I've been watching the Pops concert and the fireworks on TV, and while I'm sorry for the rest of the country that they can't see them (the network switched to New York's show this year), it's been a nice local show for us.

I'm not big on any of the guest artists they had, but that's okay, I got to get all sniffly when they had Dick Donohue, an officer who was shot and almost died during the capture of the Marathon bomber, out on crutches to conduct the Pops as they played the Dropkick Murphys' I'm Shipping Up to Boston, which was just so Boston, words cannot express. I'll have to put up video of that. Meanwhile, going to watch the end of the show and get to bed--at a decent hour, for which I thank the local coverage. Not going until 11 tonight, hooray!

Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment