Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Talk of Other Things

I'm so tired of being a grown-up. The paper Globe was delivered again this morning, my new health insurance continues to be difficult to deal with in myriad ways requiring phone call after phone call, someone I like at work is leaving at the end of the week ... it's just tiresome.

So let's talk about something else. Like hockey! The Bruins development camp started today; I'm looking forward to going to Wilmington this weekend and watching the future Bruins. Also today, the Bruins announced they'd signed Tuukka Rask to a nice long contract, so I don't have to worry about him, or the team's goaltending, for a while (it's an 8-year contract, so I figure that gives me at least a few worry-free years). If they would just extend Bergernon's contract, I could really relax.

Let me add this great quote from Jack Edwards, in a recent live chat:
I would love to see the league make in-conference games far more common [than] out-of-conference games, as familiarity breeds contempt and contempt in hockey is a beautiful thing.
Ah, Jack, October will be here before we know it. (It will, too; how scary is that?)

*****
Random question, but is anyone familiar with a restaurant chain called Seasons 52? They're new to me, but it does sound interesting. Anyone? Bueller?

*****
Would you do me a favor, and help me get back on the bike? Ask me about it, encourage me? I got waaaaaay out of the habit, and am trying to get back in; after all, one and a half socks aren't doing me any good, I know, but I am not in the groove lately.
I'm just a little farther than this. Help me get to the end!

There are plenty of pictures that I haven't been blogging lately, what with one thing and another. Like this guy calming putting up a traffic light.
Who would have guessed that Lestat drove a Ford Fiesta? Not me!
When I see something strung between two trees, my automatic first thought is hammock, but that's not what this is. What is it?
I may have to drive by again and get a better look.

I made a few more catnip mice for a friend of my mother's, since she paid my knitting the ultimate compliment of appreciating it (apparently mine is the only toy the cat will play with by herself. How about that?).
It's a cute little pattern, and a quick knit.

Someone, however, was not impressed.
Do you see how I am ignoring you?
Do you? I want that!

Apparently his lordship's catnip is not good enough, once he could smell this.
Super duper extra strength!
I don't understand ... how can you resist me? The cute face, the post-dental-work sneer...

3 comments:

  1. Sadly Tux has no use for dry catnip. I should have planted some this year to try him out on fresh. Then again, if he's hooked on fresh how hard would withdrawal be in the winter? AND how would I keep him out of it if I grew it in the house?

    By the way, how many bike minutes have you racked up since your last post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a half dozen Fishies (Ravelry) catnip toys for family and friends last month. I didn't have the brain power or the coordination to knit anything more complicated. With the continuing heat and humidity horrors, this month is not much better. I have been working on the last 6 rows of a pairs of socks for - oh - forever. (Insult to injury - I made them too big and will have to gift them... once I actually finish them, that is).

    I managed 10 minutes on my bike last week. This week is still waiting. How are you doing on the bike today?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute mousies! All the best catnip must come from Down South, because The Cat loves a certain brand of catnip from an Arkansas company.

    Get biking! :)

    ReplyDelete