Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Weekend, in bullets and photos

It was a good weekend and an overall busy one, and now I'm at the end and I'm tired and all that depressing jazz. Let me bullet-point it, so I feel dynamic and all that shit.
  • Friday night I did some laundry.
  • Saturday morning I basically lazed. Talked to my mother, cuddled the cat, that kind of thing. Very pleasant.
  • Before noon, I was on the road and headed to central MA to visit my friend. We hung around her house while she got dinner in the crock pot, then went out (with the two youngest) to run some errands. Including the Tractor Supply Store, where I had to photograph a few things. Not that they're that weird intrinsically, but just so far out of my normal sphere.
I mean, the sort of places I go, "they" would see me in one of these!
I like that it's "select", right?
Doesn't calling it "pork femur" seem disturbingly specific? Just me?
And you know, retriever is spelled correctly on the package, which is Right There. Just saying.
  • I did a little weeding in her garden while she was getting things ready for a yarn sale. I couldn't make much of a dent--it's a really big garden, and life has not been at all kind to her gardening schedule (among other things) this year--but maybe it will free a few things to grow. I took a few before-and-after pictures, and they're not that impressive, but hey, if my hands and legs are going to ache, I am by god putting the pictures up. Not all of them. You're welcome.

  •  This morning I read the paper, did a few things around the house, then stopped for cat food on the way to pick up a friend and go to the movies. Despicable Me 2 was, we thought, just as good as the first one! I had tears in my eyes at the end from laughing so hard.
  • Then we went back to her parents house and had dinner, which was good (burgers and beans and potato chips: classic American summer food), and they introduced me to the troublingly delicious Cadbury/Blue Bunny ice cream bars, which is one of those things that is so good, you kind of wish you didn't know! (The toffee was delicious, and I want to try the Caramello ones too.)
And now it's time to get ready for the week, and get to bed. Sigh. How was your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Those were some errands you ran! I keep hearing that "Despicable Me 2" is funny--might have to try to see it this week.

    I worked on Saturday and had a church thing yesterday morning, then last evening I took my mom to a small bridal show thing. It was interesting! I'll have to blog about it once I file my report with the bride.

    ReplyDelete