Monday, July 01, 2013

Of Newspapers and Books (Dominoes)

So, 2013 is half over! Does that freak out anyone other than me? I find it very weird. I don't know if any Canadians* read this, but if you are, Happy Canada Day to you.
*You don't know how hard it is for a hockey fan not to type Canadiens, which is how the Montreal team spells their name...

To celebrate (not really), I entered a new era of technology today, specific to the newspaper and the iPad. It's over a month since I first tried reading the ePaper version of the Globe on the iPad, and decided that I liked the experience well enough to switch to that on weekdays. On Saturday, I finally got around to calling the Globe and telling them this (since apparently they can't, or won't, read my mind). To my surprise, the woman said that I don't have to pay for the weekday ePaper, I get it anyway along with the subscription to the "paper" newspaper on the weekend. Can this be right? I guess we'll see. All I know now is, it was a relief to sit down this morning and read the paper when I was ready to, instead of watching and waiting and trying to tell if the usually late and often badly aimed paper had arrived outside. Further updates if and when things go wrong (health insurance billing woes, anyone?), but for now the main thing is, a change for the good!


Now, I'm better today than yesterday, but my head and stomach are not behaving perfectly yet. So let me call it a night, but I'll leave you with this: wonderful book dominoes!

Isn't that great? It must have been So Much Work, but so worth it! My favorite thing is that the first book is Before the Fall (though I also love where the path spells out READ, and the parts where the books go in a rainbow of colors); what's yours?

1 comment:

  1. Well, to be fair, you don't know if any Canadiens read your blog, either!

    ReplyDelete