Wednesday, July 31, 2013

As Seen on the Way Home

​Carlos was not at all averse to joining me in bed earlier than usual last night. He naturally spends a great deal of time on the bed, by the window, but he likes to have my company, and has been known to try to "herd" me to bed before I'm ready. Having me there before 9 suited him just fine, therefore, though I think he would have preferred less of the "Ow, it hurts" whimpering that was going on (as would I, of course).

My head was better this morning--still a 1 on the scale, not 0, but that will do. Last night was unusual, going from nothing to moderate pain in a really short period of time. This head is not just messed up, but inconsistent. Maddening.

​Meanwhile, it was another gorgeous day, and I enjoyed lunch outside very much. "They" say we may get rain tomorrow afternoon, so I've been trying very hard to fully appreciate what the weather has been the past two days (i.e., perfect)(or, to quote Pop Larkin*, "perfick"). Isn't it hard to accept, that all things, even good ones, must end?
*What? You say you haven't read The Darling Buds of May, by H.E. Bates? Please rectify that startling omission at once. You may thank me later.

I took a few pictures on the way home tonight, so let me share them with you.

This is rather a violent mascot, don't you think?
Very cool car! And later I saw another, different but also very fun, but we were both in motion, and no chance to get a picture.
I am a little concerned about what kind of test requires a hole just here.
Finally, just because the flowers are pretty.

1 comment:

  1. My head is unhappy today, what with possible storms and all. So, sympathies!

    ReplyDelete