Thursday, August 01, 2013

Ups and Downs

I saw this picture on Facebook last night and I could not stop laughing​.
Maybe it struck me at just the right moment, I don't know, but wow, the combination of the photo and the caption? Could not stop laughing. If it makes me smile, that's a good thing.

Especially today, when the sun has gone away in more ways than one. If I had a mood button here, it would read ​Today I Am Feeling: Discouraged.

There wasn't a crisis, nothing like that, but several small things that happened at work today/this week added up to a despondent feeling for me, a why-bother sense of ennui. The idea of searching for a new job makes me want to weep, but I just don't know about this. Not a great day.

Of course, I have been unhappier than this at a job before--much. But the fact that this thought crossed my mind today does say something.


It was an unfortunately confluence of Not-so-Good Things, is all; everyone has days like that sometimes. Nibbled to death by ducks. We had cake this afternoon, for someone who's getting married, and it was good cake. That helped. Then, to add amusement, I had a postcard in the mail from my chiropractor--wishing me a happy birthday. I will bring the card to my next appointment and razz them about it, since my birthday is not until October. There is such a thing as being too far ahead, don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of getting a birthday card that far in advance! Maybe it's like, "If you want to MAKE IT to your NEXT BIRTHDAY, see your doctor"?

    I feel ya on the job thing.

    ReplyDelete