Friday, April 19, 2013

Safe, At Home

If you haven't heard an update regarding my first point last night, here's the summary: greater Boston has been in upheaval since last night, with a firefight involving the two marathon bombing suspects that left one of them, and an MIT police officer, dead, and the other on the run, as well as an injured transit cop, a carjacking, and who knows what else. The T is completely shut down, and residents of Boston and a number of towns are being asked to stay inside while the police forces try to capture the second suspect.

I neither live nor work in or very near any of the reportedly affected areas, but my boss e-mailed us this morning to work from home, saying that the office building was on lockdown anyway and it would just be safer. I feel better not being out right now, though I doubt I would have been in the slightest danger. I wouldn't have been much good for concentrating on work, though, so no big loss there.

I'm alternating between checking the latest developments, and taking kiss-the-cat, listen-to-the-birds breaks.
 I'm knitting a square.

I'm fine. I hope you are, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment