Friday, April 19, 2013

And now for something completely different

What a day; what a week. I can feel the weight on my shoulders tonight, the strain of carrying this knowledge, this realization of what the world is like today. So can we talk about knitting instead?

I've worked on three different projects today, and here's why that's funny:
It's all knitting, yes, but as you can imagine, the size of the needle does make a difference!

The needles in the center are US 6 (4mm), and what I used to make the blanket square, which I finished today. I haven't washed it yet, but here's what it looks like:
The pattern is named Love Cloth, and the yarn is Knitting Fever Cashmerino, a medium grey, from a skein I got from a knitting friend, who brought a bag of yard-sale yarn to stitch and bitch in January. I'm very happy with how it turned out: simple pattern, quick knit, and suits the occasion nicely.

The needles on the left are US 19 (15mm), and what I used to start the wedding blanket (pattern: Oliver; yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Superwash Bulky). Crappy picture of one end:
Like that, but much wider. I'll get a better picture sometime.

The needles on the right, of course, are the current sock in progress, and are US 1 1/2 (2mm). When I got the sock out at the chiropractor's tonight (I knit for the ten minutes I'm iced after the adjustment), I warned the woman that she might hear me giggling, and showed her why. The contrast was so funny: I was afraid I was going to snap the needles, after getting used to holding on to the big ones because they're so heavy.

So that's the state of the knitting. I think I'm going to throw a DVD in, since the Bruins game was postponed and so was the Phil concert (they only reopened the T around 6 PM, so no one could get anywhere; a lot was cancelled tonight).

Keep saying it: tomorrow will be better. Tomorrow will be better.

1 comment:

  1. That's a pretty one. I just did 2 garter stitch ones and a straight stitch one. After seeing yours, I think I'll do one with the state of Massachusetts.

    ReplyDelete