Thursday, April 18, 2013

Not as depressing a list as you might think

A variety of post-bombing things of note:
  • The FBI has released photos of two "persons of interest" tonight, so if you were in Boston on Monday, be sure to take a look. (I'm not linking because it will be everywhere: if you found this, you'll have found that. Wanted to mention it anyway.)
  • The Bruins may have lost their game last night (in the skills competition shootout), but it was a very moving night. Puck Daddy has the videos and links together here, including the crowd singing most of the anthem a capella. Kudos in particular to whoever thought to use the Phillip Phillips song Home for the video montage: it was PERFECT. I've heard it on the radio a million times before now without thinking about the lyrics. 
Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found

Just know you’re not alone
Cause I’m going to make this place your home
On a non-tragic hockey note (unless you're a Rangers fan, anyway), who would have thought earlier this year that the Islanders would have a better chance of getting into the playoffs than the Rangers? No one, that's who; don't lie. But according to Puck Daddy, right now NYR's chance is 81.6%, and NYI's is 84.5%. How about that?

Now, please excuse me. I'm going to get some dinner in me, and turn on the hockey game (it's not a Bruins game tonight, but that's okay), and get my knit on. I'll report back. That is all.

1 comment: