Friday, April 26, 2013

Carlos Checks In

Mama's still acting kind of funny. She pets me a lot and cuddles and hangs out with me more, and I like it of course but why is she? I didn't think she could kiss me more but she is. Also, what does "chipmunk cheek" mean?

I got a divot in my front leg and another on the bottom of my back paw. They feel weird, like cold sort of, but it's okay. Mama says so.
Other Cat has been mostly avoiding me, which is fine because when she does get near me she hisses and growls and I don't know why, I didn't do anything, and usually she's too close but now it's all different and I don't understand why she's hissy.
Mama sounds really mad when she does it, but not at me. She looks at me with the worry-eyes a lot, and especially leaving in the morning. I don't like her to leave and if she doesn't like it either, then why does she? She said, "We can sleep in tomorrow, buddy," and I don't know exactly what that means but she sounded really happy.

I'm fine, and I hope she doesn't spray that weird stuff in my mouth any more because it's yucky and I don't like it.

Good news for him, the pain meds are over! He didn't like it sprayed in his mouth one little bit. As long as I don't have to take him back in... And I could kill Miri with the hissing at him, really I could. What is her PROBLEM?

So when I got home Thursday night, Carlos had one cheek looking a little puffy. It certainly didn't bother him! He ate normally, and not only let me touch it, but pushed aggressively against me for scritches, so it can't be hurting him. After talking it over with the vet tech, I decided not to take him in, since he was otherwise fine, and I hate to stress him unnecessarily with carrier-car-vet's office. I'm tired of worrying about him, though! I wish I'd scheduled the procedure for a Friday, so I could have been home and watching him instead of worrying from afar (does ten miles count as "afar"?).

It still looks puffy tonight, and if it isn't better in the morning I may bring him in anyway. Sigh. I'm going to watch a movie and go to bed. What a week.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, poor Carlos! I'm glad he seems to be on the mend though. I wonder if the Feliway anti-stress stuff might calm Miri down a little? I'm sure she's just freaking out because Carlos looks/ smells a little different from being at the vet, it's not really that uncommon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Six teeth out!? Poor baby. I think The Cat had two removed, but oh my gosh I remember how out-of-it she was after the surgery. Stressful, isn't it?

    I agree with what Mary Ellen said about Miri not liking Carlos' parfum de vet. Everyone will get back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete