Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Carlos and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day

When I woke up this morning, there was no food, and instead of getting me some, Mama just kept saying, "I know, bud, I'm sorry," whatever that means. I stared and stared at her, and then I pawed at her leg, and then I stared some more, and she hugged me but still she didn't put down food.

Then I got to chase a ribbon and I caught it and that was fun, but still there was no food and that was really weird. Finally I went to sit on the bed, and after a while Mama came in and sat next to me, and then she said something about "it's time" and she picked me up but she didn't bring me to food, she put me in the carrier and shut it, and then while I was stuck in there she put down food for Other Cat! And I couldn't get out! That was bad.

Then she put on her coat and picked up stuff and the carrier and she took me outside! I told her I didn't want to, but she put me in the scary car anyway, and I told her and told her and
told her that I didn't want to, but she made it be loud anyway and just kept not taking me home. I kept telling her how unhappy I was, and she sounded like she understood but she still didn't take me home, she took me into the place with all the weird smells, and no matter how nice the voices were, they were strangers and it smelled scary and I kept saying that I didn't want to be there. Then Mama took me into a room and she and the lady talked but they didn't take me out of the carrier, and then Mama left me with the lady and she went away and that was just wrong.

I don't remember everything after that, but I feel all funny now, and my mouth feels weird, and I can't walk quite right, and why did I have to have this awful day? Was it something I did wrong? I don't understand why. Mama doesn't understand why I won't stay still, but it isn't right and I have to keep looking for where I'll feel better.


Mama keeps calling me toothless and I don't know why. I have teeth. 

Also I want food and she keeps saying Not yet and I don't know why. So I found where she put the bowl up on the table and helped myself. Why did she make me get down? At least she brought the food down, too. She said, "I give up," but I don't know why. And why does my jumping worry her, I jump all the time and it never worried her before. She seemed really happy when I purred, anyway, not that I don't do that all the time, too. People are funny.


Between worrying about Carlos and anesthesia, and thinking about how it's four years this week since my dad died, well, you can imagine the kind of day I've had. No wonder I've had a bit of a headache. Carlos had six teeth out, the poor bunny. He's wandering around like a drunk who forgot where he parked; we've been home about two hours, and he hasn't stayed in one spot for more than a minute or two, looking for the place where he'll feel like himself again. He doesn't understand that it isn't a place, it's a time. A time that can't come soon enough for both of us.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, poor little guy! You'll feel better soon, Carlos, I promise. A good long nap will help.

    And a hug to your mom too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor kitty! If only we could explain!

    ReplyDelete