Saturday, November 03, 2012

(Un)clean House, Bike Thinking, Hockey(ish)

So, today was my first Groupon-sourced house cleaning, and I'm sure you're dying to know what it was like to enter a sparkling-clean home!

So am I. They didn't show up.

So! Anticlimax. I haven't heard back yet with a reason, or at the very least an apology. They were due at 11; at 11:15, I called and left a voice-mail; at 11:30, I used the "schedule an appointment" form on their website to let them know that IF they can explain why no one showed up, and IF they can promise it won't happen again, I'll reschedule; if not, I'll ask Groupon for my money back.

Since I respect punctuality as well as professionalism, I was bothered by the incident, but I recognize that it could be for a valid reason, and will wait to see what they say. The part that bothered me the most was that I had popped Carlos in the carrier to be ready to take him out to the car, and though he was an angel about it, I'm still sorry that he sat there for half an hour for no reason.
What did I do?

Further updates as events warrant. Meanwhile, I guess I have to vacuum this weekend after all.

*****
An update to yesterday's musings on using the stationary bike: in today's BoingBoing, I saw a link to this video about a guy who rode his bike over 3000 miles in a year.

Now, let me say that it may very well not have been all the exercise he was doing, but that's not the point of inspiration, is it? Anything that incites me to keep it up is a good thing. Plus, two points he made caught my attention in particular.

First, the idea that easy access to equipment is a key point:
Second, addressing the bike-inside versus real bike issue:
Too many excuses! Preach it, brother.

I didn't ride the bike last night, but I've done ten minutes already today, and will try to do it again later. Baby steps.

*****
In more entertaining news, the minor league hockey team the Kalamazoo Wings is having an 80s Night. How do I know, given that they're in Michigan, hundreds of miles away?

Because they made this wonderful "cover" of the Wham hit Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go. Must watch! Smile!

There, wasn't that fun?

1 comment:

  1. I had a Groupon "fail" this past month, too--something didn't ship as promised. I complained, Groupon investigated, a new date was promised. I hope yours has a good ending; however, it remains to be seen if I ever trust Groupon again.

    And I can't get past the photo of Bike Guy. (If there are more words after that, sorry, my brain stopped.) Thanks for the eye candy. :)

    ReplyDelete