Monday, November 26, 2012

Briefly: All Right, Already

Okay, okay, I updated the angel salad post to give the amounts, so you can play along at home. I wasn't trying to be coy or secretive, I promise! It's just that, no matter how lyrical I wax about this dish, it is (objectively) an odd thing to insist on with turkey, and I didn't think anyone was going to want to try it blind. So far, my success has been with sneaking it up on people until they are hooked. But if you are brave, welcome! Please let me know if you try it, and what you think (we can still be friends if you don't like it ... theoretically).

I had acupuncture tonight, meaning the evening is basically gone before it started. Here we go, heading downhill at breakneck speed to Christmas! I have much to say on the topic ... but not tonight. Tonight, I'll just leave you with this wish: may we all feel this way, at least once this holiday season.

2 comments:

  1. I've actually had angel salad, and... wasn't a fan. The taste is fine, but I didn't like the texture. (Especially with the walnuts or whatever in it. Bluh.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats do go nuts for ribbons, don't they? I had a cat growing up who loved that gold elastic cord that came wrapped around card boxes. We always watched her while she played with it--and then laughed when it would snap her on the nose!

    The salad I made for Thanksgiving was Broccoli-Mushroom Salad. I wish angel salad was "safe" for me so I could eat it!

    ReplyDelete