Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Today Update

I got some really cute pictures of the cats today, and I can't wait to ... what? What did you say? That there's bigger news than that today? Why, what do you mean?

Oh, the interview? Oh, yes, that. Well, sure. And you want to know about that before you see cat pictures? Even really cute cat pictures?

Well, okay. No accounting for tastes.

I'll cut to the chase: it went well. Very well. It started with how impressed they were with the editing test I did last week, and ended with her stating her intention to talk to the woman in HR about sending me an offer. That kind of well.

In fact, it was less like a tell-me-about-a-time-when-you interview, and more like she wanted me to understand the company, what they do, and what I'd do there, so I could decide if I want to accept their offer. I'm not sure she asked me a single direct question, other than a semi-joking, "So, have I scared you off?" toward the end. And my answer to that was no, so we'll see what the offer looks like, and go from there.

Now can I show you cats?




This last one, of course, is not a cat, it's a car I was behind driving home today. I was puzzled when I first saw it, since snoozing and driving are not usually that similar.
After being behind her for a few miles, though, I started to see the similarities. Your average Boston driver in a 35 mph zone will do about 42. She was doing 29. Zzzzz.

5 comments:

  1. Quick -- where's the "love" button??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo for the interview!

    I'm always up for cat pictures--they did not disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great - but as I expected. And don't be afraid to ask for more money (within reason) if you are not satisfied with their offer. Women rarely do that while men nearly always do, I am told. Good luck and keep us posted. Very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So glad it went well (but then, you're intelligent, funny and charming--how could it not???)!

    ReplyDelete