Thursday, May 24, 2012

Provisionally, Whew!

Wasn't today the longest day? I had the attention span of a gnat, kept eating and eating, got very little done, and was busily checking and re-checking e-mail. At 4, I finally decided I'd better throw the towels in the washer, and when I came back up, there was a message on my phone. Argh! The first time all day (other than showering) that I was away from the phone, and then she calls? Figures!

Anyway, I called her and got her voice-mail, but she called right back and detailed the offer*, and It Will Do. Will I be throwing money here there and everywhere? No. But it's actually a bit more than I was making at the last job, even without considering that the last company was laying off and this one is hiring. And benefits and all! Whew.
*She's going to e-mail it, too; I want to see it in print!

Not only that, she asked if I could start June 4th. Oh, must I have some more time off, and this time without job-hunting? Well, if you insist! Whatever works for you! Whatever will I do with ten stress-free days? Off to fantasize ... and put the laundry in the dryer.

3 comments: