Friday, May 25, 2012

Celebrating and Sharing (or not)

Last night, to celebrate the job offer (which I haven't gotten in print yet, and which therefore makes me feel like I should be calling it The Theoretical Job Offer), I took myself to dinner at Outback, and it was marvelous. I got what I always get, and love: the bread, the garden salad, the filet, the baked potato, the sundae ... mmm. It occurred to me afterward that it's remarkably similar to my childhood favorite meal of steak, mashed potatoes, and peas.

I had the leftovers for lunch today, and Carlos could not believe that I wasn't sharing.
funny pictures - Lolcats: Can has?

I am so mean.

2 comments:

  1. Belated congrats on the (theoretical) job offer, and I guess early congrats for when it's in writing!

    Cats do a good job of being indignant and making you feel you are SOOOO MEAN for not sharing your people food. But you know they'd scratch you if you tried to take a bite of their dinner, so what's with the double standard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Outback at their buttery-salty goodness! I always get the Cookaburra wings (you wouldn't like them, they're spicy), chopped salad with bleu cheese, filet done medium-rare and a loaded baked potato. Yum! Makes me want to go NOW!

    ReplyDelete