Wednesday, April 04, 2012

My Day In Words and Pictures

This morning I went into the bedroom to take a picture of Carlos, who was lounging on the bed in his usual cute fashion.

The little princess was in the window, enjoying the sunshine.
Instead of facing me with her usual look of bug-eyed fear, she pretended to ignore me.
Though you can see by the ear that she was monitoring me in case I moved too close.
Finally she condescended to face the camera, so I could steal her soul.
She's pretty, in her own freaky way.

Also today, I finished making this scarf for my friend.
The pattern is the Besotted Scarf, and I knit it using Lion Brand Wool-Ease. Nice definition to show off the x-and-o pattern, and machine wash, which I prefer for gifts.

I finished it just in time to bring it to her, when I visited her in RI this afternoon. We ate out, visited her local yarn store (she isn't a knitter, yet, but she's very knit-aware for me), went for a walk, and hung out generally. It was a very pleasant afternoon.

One of her friends sent her flowers. I never think of flowers. Of course, chocolate and yarn, my defaults, tend to be popular too! But the flowers were very pretty.

2 comments:

  1. Love your day in pictures especially Carlos and the princess. That princess is really regal. Glad you visited your friend today.
    I never think of flowers either but once I see them I realize I was lacking. Until next time (when I forget again....).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was talking about you to my husband last night about how much I admire you, and am glad there are people like you, who give homes and love to animals that don't necessarily give you that affection back. Your little kitty is so lucky to have you; you've given her a safe and loving home.

    ReplyDelete