Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tuesday: Appointments, Knitting, Bonus Cat

Within 24 hours, I visited the dentist, the eye doctor and optician (they work together, and in fact are father and son), and the hairdresser. Exhausting! No big problems, thankfully.
  • The dentist used all his fancy hi-tech tools to take pictures of my teeth, and check suspicious ones for decay, before sending me off with a cheerful "See you in October!"
  • The eye doctor, a new one to me and rather painfully young, applied his own high tech tools all over, and was pleased with my eyes generally. The optician is concerned* with the one trouble spot on my cornea, a spot he has been watching for twenty years, no exaggeration. (We're going to try a new type of contact lens to see if that helps.) Otherwise, though, my corneas apparently look like I don't even wear contacts, which by his tone is the highest praise. I like to hear the word flawless in a checkup, though corneas are not an area I'm particularly vain about. But I am fond of vision.
  • And the haircut was fine. She tidied the part of my bangs that went over-long last time, and I feel a little less scraggly, which is always good. And I also learned that the Tall Ships will be in Boston this summer for the bicentennial of the Constitution (the ship, not the document), which sounds pretty cool.
*Poor John, he sounded like it was a personal affront. His family gave me my first glasses when I was 7, and he is officially in charge of my eyes, so I sort of like how seriously he takes it, while maintaining his sense of humor (he didn't even make a token protest when I pointed out that he is never allowed to retire).

In craft news, I did also go to that other stitch and bitch last night, and it was a good-sized group (two of whom I already know), and a lot of fun. I almost finished the third tulip there, but put the final touches on it at home. Then this morning, I did a half-assed crochet garland, thus:
And wrapped it around the flowers in a pot I had. Looks pretty cute!
If I do say so myself. More to the point, I think Grandma will like it, and for the 98th birthday of the woman who taught me to knit, it seems fitting tribute.

Finally:
Yes, I'm laying on the cardboard-for-recycling. And your point is?

1 comment:

  1. Those tulips are just too cute! I'm sure she'll love them.

    ReplyDelete