Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Busy Day, Much Done. Cute Cats!

I'm tired, but it's a good tired. I've gotten a lot of things done today, which is satisfying. My last load of laundry is almost done. Last load of how many I don't know; enough that I didn't want to count, because it's a short step from that to calculating how many flights of stairs were involved, and sometimes ignorance really is bliss. Clean sheets, clean towels, and all clothing clean before packing for the weekend starts ... that feels pretty good.

Unlike some people, who spent their day in variations on this position:




The princess has a complaint, however. She had to vacate the bed for sheet-changing time. And she had to listen to that instrument of cat-torture, the vacuum. The indignity!
I was perfectly comfortable on the other sheets, thank you.

I'll spend much of the evening watching hockey; the Philly-Pittsburgh game should be entertaining, even if it doesn't end in a handshake line. And I've earned a little sit-down time, which I'll spend with this:
Bamboo Field mitts, a perfect pattern choice for a bamboo-blend yarn (yak-bamboo, to be specific). Hey, I finished the scarf, I had to start something! I can't only have a sock going!

Speaking of hockey, I noticed a typo in the sports section this morning. Not a content error, like Bob Ryan writing last week that if the Bruins hadn't won the Cup last year, they'd be looking at 30 years since the last one (when any Bruins fan knows it would have been 40). No, a plain old spellcheck-would-catch-it error.
Unless it was social commentary, predicting a riot in Detroit after they lost? Det-riot? No, I think it's just a mistake. Too bad they don't have enough proofreaders, eh?

*****
I can tell it's school vacation because there were lots of kids playing outside today. (Even though it was 30+ degrees cooler than yesterday.)

"Kids playing outside" is one of those things that I strongly approve of in theory, but that in reality drives me nuts after a while. Can they scream just a little less?

Barking dogs, on the other hand, are something I don't even approve of in theory.

1 comment:

  1. I think my cat needs to explain to Miri the joys of getting one's fur all over clean sheets. The Cat likes to "help" put new sheets on the bed (hide under and jump out at me).

    That Philly-Pittsburgh game was a word other than entertaining for me. I was happy it was time to leave the gym and not see the score after the first period!

    ReplyDelete