Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Bunch of Updates In Search of a Title

Playoffs Start Tonight! If You're a Bruins Fan, Anyway
Just in time for the playoffs, my aunt sent me the perfect un-birthday present. See?

I'd never thought of buying one, but I like it! I put it on the car yesterday, and every time I saw it, I smiled.

Around the House
Yesterday morning, I was sitting with Carlos on the bed (he likes company, sometimes), and contemplating the knitting corner, which was getting a little out of control.
Things piled here and there, plus that drawer on the bottom right has been open for a while, as the contents outgrew the space. It makes opening the drawer above more difficult, plus exposes the yarn to (more) dust and cat hair. I looked at the smaller drawer-thing to the left, and decided I needed to get another.

Then I remembered that I have two more in the linen closer, and given that much of the contents needed to be weeded out (old lotion bottles, cold meds, etc), I could almost certainly compress into one. I got the trash can*, had a merry old time, and attained my aim.
*A few things were recycled or put in the donate pile, but mostly it was garbage, and no mistake.

Much better! Not perfect, but improved. Very satisfying.

On the other hand, I did not clean up the kitchen yesterday. I'm ... pacing myself! That's it! I did it today, though. And applied for a job, which is startlingly time-consuming.

The Latest in Knit News
I've been updating other knitting recently, but the sock hasn't shown up in a while. Past the heel, on to the foot.

I'm usually a selfish knitter, by which I mean that much of what I make is for me. Lately, though, I've made a bunch of things for others. It's a couple of months since I've only been working on me projects, but now that the tulips are done, that's where I am. Well, except for the last few tails on the bunny blanket. But otherwise it's the second Wingspan, which is close to done, and these socks. I think next will be a scarf for me, with PEI yarn. Though of course I may change my mind!

Why I Don't Believe in Dream Interpretation, Not Really
Sure, I'll sometimes wonder what an odd dream "means," but then I have one of those dreams, one of those dreams so weird that there is no way it means anything except perhaps that I'm crazy, and if they all mean I'm crazy, that's not exactly interpretation, is it?

I've mentioned weird dreams on the blog before (the tiger cub one is the one I remembered, but there was also this one and this one). And last night, when I woke in the night and realized that I had been dreaming that a former co-worker and I were scooping ice cream at the Jimmy Fund's Scooper Bowl, well, that was a little odd.

But when I woke up this morning from a dream where I was a man with one leg? Who had an artificial leg with an articulated knee, and then another one with a fixed knee (the Anthony model) for my cycling? And then the Anthony disappeared?

Well, that's just weird, end of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment