Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Tuesday. Is Today Tuesday?

Yes, the Bruins play tonight. Tuesday. Three games left in the regular season! They've been markedly improved recently, which is the right way to finish the season and head into the playoffs. First opponent still undetermined. Go Bruins.

The "don't stay up all night" plan worked pretty well last night. I was in bed at 10:30, having resisted the siren call of Downton Abbey season two. This morning, while someone was snoozing in the sun, tough life:


I watched the first episode, then stopped to digest it: so many things to ponder! All the DRAHMA. Certainly I loved it, but I had to take it in, get back into the mindset.

This afternoon I was back at the Career Center, taking a course in online job searching*. I did pick up a few tips, but goodness, how are they supposed to tailor a course for people like me, who know a fair bit about it, and for people like the poor soul who had to be told that yes, your laptop has a hard drive, so if your resume is on your laptop, it's the same as saying it's on the hard drive**. I'm not saying I'm an expert in job searching online, and I thought the instructor was a bit ... ah ... scattershot in her delivery, which I imagine wouldn't help the true novice, but it did seem somewhat all over the place.
*Might as well, it's free. And if I learn one thing, it's worth the time, no matter how dull it is (and it often is).
**I'm no computer genius, as I tend to call the tower "the computer part of the computer", but I was Steve Jobs next to this person, poor thing.

When I was out, I noticed that my Wingspan scarf looked quite pretty in the sun. I really didn't do it justice before. Sunlight brings the colors to life.

Back home, I watched two more episodes of Downton, and now feel stuffed full of what-will-happen-next questions. I will try to not start up again after the hockey game ... but I make no promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment