Thursday, September 09, 2010

Let's Look At Pictures (instead of extended whining)

Today at work was a day that even the wonder-socks couldn't make good. Between the tortuously labyrinthine computer program here and the Excel-as-I've-never-used-it-before there*, probably the best part of this day was spelling "tortuously labyrinthine" correctly at the first try. And while I'm proud of that (word nerd alert!), it isn't much of a high point to the day.

*Damn it Jim, I'm a proofreader, not a computer programmer!

So while I have the new socks due to show off, as well as the drop stitch scarf that I finished recently, and the start of the next socks and a little shawl for work, am I showing you any of these now? No, I am not. The time of year is swinging toward not much sunlight when I get home, which means waiting for the weekend to get decent photos.

However, I can show you photos I've already taken! Flowers and seashells and yarn tease, oh my.

Yarn tease number one: this is going to be a shawl, a little one for those times at work when I get a chill down the back of my neck.


I got it and the next yarn last Fall, at Apple Festival and Rhinebeck respectively. (Re-read it here.)

Yarn tease number two is, of course, destined to be more socks. Socks socks socks! Same pattern as the oh-so-recently completed wonder socks.


Mmm, blues. The good kind. And more:


I only recently learned how literally morning glories take their name, when one afternoon a friend pointed out a plain green bush and told me that in the morning, it was covered with lovely blue flowers. I got to confirm that another day. Gorgeous! And pink isn't too shabby either.


I also like those flowers furled in the morning dew.


Some more Cape shots. A good clock for a vacation house:

Just love the porch!

Signs and more signs





Always good to conclude with a cat shot.

Tomorrow won't be any better than today at work, but it will be Friday, and that means the weekend. Eyes on the prize!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh. I got thrown into Office 2010 at my new job (where are the darn preferences!?) so I feel for ya.

    The kitties' photo has "Do Not Disturb" written all over it.

    ReplyDelete