Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Briefly, of Interview Prep and Hockey

Fortunately, I was in a pretty good mental state this morning, because of course, my boss came to see me first thing, partly to ask about the catalog proofs, but also to tell me that my position was extended through next year's budget, meaning through Dec 31, 2011, should I be interested.

She didn't put the question into words, but she sort of looked it at me, so I answered: that I appreciated it, it's nice to be wanted, but that I'm not loving the commute into Boston, and also that I would like a permanent position with all the benefits thereunto appertaining, etc. Didn't exactly say yes, didn't exactly say no, in other words. She said that making the position permanent was possible down the line, but not yet, which I can understand. Hopefully the interview will help me see my next steps.

After I got home tonight, I drove up to the interview company location, even though I knew where it was, just to see how long it would take and so on. Now I'm home to have dinner and get all my ducks in a row for the interview, papers and outfit and all.

As a good distraction from nerves, the Bruins' pre-game show in Montreal is playing on local radio (isn't the internet amazing?), so I got to hear the Canadian anthem for the first time this season, and now the Bruins scored already, so yay to Nathan Horton and go team.

Remember to cross your fingers tomorrow, won't you? Ta ever so.

1 comment: