Thursday, December 17, 2009

More Quick Takes, from the lack of attention span blogger


I took today's Sweet Shell to work with the other two, and made some people very happy; they are good, just not my thing. And a vendor brought us in some cheesecakes from the Cheesecake Factory (seriously annoying website warning), so I got a treat too. Happy all around!

**********
My throat is still kind of weird, and now my voice sounds a little funny (to me, anyway). When I was singing along to the radio, I couldn't hit the higher notes: my voice just vanished. It doesn't hurt at all, thank heavens, and I still don't feel sick, but apparently I can't drink enough water to overcome the dry air.

**********
This afternoon, the Gmail page was still telling me it was snowing. I don't appreciate this. The weather is bad enough (I never again want to read "Current Temperature 18, Feels Like 2", let alone "15, feels like -1" in my life) without taunting me.

Mum? Please still come. I have hats, scarves, mittens, long johns, sweatshirts... as much as you want.

**********
I stopped for gas on the way home (brrr!), and paid $2.53 per gallon. About a mile and a half away, in the same town, I passed a station charging $2.79 for the same thing! I saved $2.60 in one visit. Ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment