Monday, December 21, 2009

A Little Catching Up Before Christmas


I won't lie to you. I forget what the calendar gave me on Saturday. Yesterday was a Sweet Sloop, today was a Harbor Light, but Saturday? It could have been anything. And I don't feel bad about forgetting. My mommy's here. We've been busy.

There was a lot of snow. Yuck. But we've been dealing. And look at the funky things snow does:


That dip is just hanging off the edge. It's pretty cool.

We went out to dinner Saturday, then watched the Bruins game (boo). Yesterday we dug out to get to a brunch with friends, then in to Boston to the Nutcracker (fabulous) followed by dinner at Legal. Today we had lunch with an old friend, I went to the follow-up appointment with the ortho*, we ran some errands, had dinner at Bertucci's, then stopped in to Home Goods before returning to watch the end of the Bruins game (yay).

*As the hand has been largely pain-free since a week after the shot, the visit was largely a formality. He did show me how to do some stretches to extend the flexibility, so I'll try to remember to do those.

And I will finish with some bloggable moments from Home Goods. It's funny how they can have some things I quite like, and others that I wouldn't take if you paid me.

I mean ... seriously?

Depressed multicolored dog art?

If roosters are a symbol of hospitality ...
this one will burn your house down.

There are no words.

To give them credit, I did find what I was looking for. But still, whew.

Also? They had Valentine's candy out. On December 21st. Can we get past Christmas first, please?

Now, I don't know if I'll be blogging again before next week, so if I don't, happy merry to you all! We'll talk next week, okay? Have a good!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, those were some strange things in Home Goods. Although I think my sugar-fiend niece would gobble up that last one depicted.

    ReplyDelete