Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Counting down to Saturday


Another two-fer! Monday was a Sand Dollar, today was a Harbor Light. Nothing like good chocolate when you need a lift on a busy, busy day.

Today was that day, but it was still better than the not-as-busy yesterday, because today my head didn't hurt. Sing it with me! There's nothing like the post-headache non-headache feeling. The cautious feeling of worry, it is really gone? Combined with the lack of pain that is a palpable, perceptible thing.

It's good.

Yesterday wasn't even as bad as Sunday evening became, but bad enough. I was baby-sitting (after all), and after the boys were in bed I dully watched the Bruins game (hint: playing two periods well is Not Good Enough), trying to knit, failing to have the energy to hold the needles or focus on the pattern. By the time I got home, the tide was going out, and today has been better. Yay for better.

I even made dinner tonight, so lunches for the rest of the week are taken care of. You know, the next three days that I have to work before my mommy gets here? Talk about yay! She offered to take the express bus from the airport to the suburbs near me, and I explained that I need to hug her as soon as humanly possible, so I will go to the airport.

I don't know where the evening goes, though. I need to put the leftovers away and get ready for bed already. Time's evaporative powers are strong this week.

1 comment:

  1. Mom's coming for Christmas? Wonderful treat for you! And she'll get to meet Miri and see your wonderful tree :)

    It's amazing how happy it makes me to know she'll be with you for the holiday. Maybe there'll even be just a couple of inches of white fluffy stuff so she can remember why the heck she moved to Florida...

    ReplyDelete