Wednesday, December 09, 2009

A Day of Much Weather; plus a hint of Christmas


Another day, another Sweet Sloop. I'm not complaining!

**********
When I woke up this morning, the precipitation that was falling was sort of rain, sort of snow. It looked more like snow, but the ground was wet and slushy, not snowy. I had to clear about an inch of slush off my car to leave for work.

As I got closer to work (slightly north and quite a bit west of where I live), snow predominated. The roads got messier. Some of the traffic was having trouble with it, to the point where I went up a hill behind someone who could barely make it: moving under 5 mph, sideways along. I did a little slipping, but nothing like that, thankfully.

It continued to snow for most of the morning, then switched to rain. The temperature also climbed about ten degrees, so when it was time to leave, there was a lot of slush around, but the roads were pretty clear, if wet. It was also foggy, but the rain had tapered down to barely misting.

I ran errands on the way home. Five stops later, I left Target with bulging bags (mostly groceries, actually), and on my way to the last stop, the whole sky lit up like broad daylight, just for a second. I parked while demanding of no one, was that lightning?! And rumble-rumble came the thunder to answer me.

I was in that store maybe five minutes, and it was raining hard when I came out. The sky lit at least three times on the drive home. What a crazy day!

**********
I finished decorating my tree last night, with the expected sniffles over certain ornaments with extra-strong memories, but mostly a nice time and Christmas music and all. I have a lot of pictures, but will share a few now.

The tree, finished
What went on the coffee table when the tree didn't
The other advent calendar

Impressionistic view of the bubble-light night light
To the right eyes, it's all beautiful

2 comments:

  1. Now that's a lovely old-fashioned tree. I always was a fan of those bubble lights but we never had any.

    Here in north central MA we had about 11" of snow which then became about 6" of heavy wet snow by 1:00. But yes, we saw the lightning too!

    ReplyDelete