Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Edging Ever Closer to the Weekend


This morning's chocolate was a Sweet Sloop, probably my favorite of the Harbor Sweets (though I'll probably say the same thing about the Marblehead Mints when one comes up). I'm a big butter toffee fan, and theirs are good. Yum!

I slept well last night, but had some trouble getting up again this morning. It's like my bed is extra-comfortable this week somehow. I imagine going to bed at 7 or 8 every night, instead of 9 or 10 (or 11), and there's no doubt I'd feel more rested. But I would get Nothing Else Done, and at this time of year especially, that's not really practical. Thank heavens for weekends.

I've heard that for health reasons, one should try to keep sleep patterns similar on weekends to the rest of the week, and to that I say yeah, right, in your dreams. Or in my dreams, since I will sleep in at every opportunity, and you can't stop me.

**********
The other day I heard a song on the radio that I hadn't heard in a while, and was struck by some of the lyrics.

It's been a long December
and there's reason to believe
maybe this year will be
better than the last



Were I to personalize those lyrics, it would be more like this.

It's been a long November
there's no reason to believe
that this year will be
better than the last

Not that I don't want it to be better, not that I don't desperately hope it will be better ... but I have no reason to believe it will be better. I have no reason to believe it will be worse, either. I have no idea what it will be.

There have been moments of happiness throughout the year, of course. I just would like to think that, if I continue over the next year to not get any Major Examples of Major Happiness (winning the lottery, anyone?), I might at least not get any more Major Examples of Major Sadness and Suckitude for a while. Please.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya with the sleepingsleepingsleeping. Doesn't sleep feel great?

    ReplyDelete