Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Thursday Box of Random

Blogging, Crochet, and ... so ... on?
Over two years ago, for no particular reason (no one asked for it or anything), I wrote a post about crocheting dish scrubbies, and it became by far the most popular entry ever made to this exercise in narcissism.

At the end of August last year, it was linked to by a crafty website, and my visitor numbers jumped. How well I remember. I was in Florida visiting my parents, checked my e-mail, and did a classic double-take. How many people?


This week, it seems to have happened again. I'm not sure if they're doing re-runs, but Thursday through Tuesday, I had roughly the average amount of visitors, and then Wednesday, well, look:

Hello, fans of crochet and/or dish scrubbies! Feel free to stay for the general mayhem.

Sudden Exhaustion Syndrome
Last night, I was piddling around, doing this and that, making dinner and eating dinner and talked to Mum*, then sat down with a book and some ice cream, was doing okay, and from one minute to the next, I was suddenly too tired to get ready for bed. I hate that! I need some sort of warning sign that pings half an hour before that point, and tells me to get my shit together because otherwise it will be ugly. When I get that tired, bumping my finger is enough to make me want to cry. I drop everything, repeatedly. Cats have been known to flee my ridiculous overreactions. It is not pretty, is what I'm saying. Usually, I don't get caught so by surprise, and it was only 9:30, but there you are. Perhaps I should start getting ready now.

*She's doing really well! One of the therapists called her a poster child for hip replacement. She's on her third room and finally without a (crazy, noisy, or otherwise disruptive) roommate, so she was anticipating a better night's sleep. She's supposed to go home tomorrow. And I will award some sort of prize to anyone who can tell me how decoupaging a picture frame is rehab for a hip replacement. Seriously. WTF?

As before, I am tempted to close with a LOL. Isn't this just so ... feline?

funny pictures of cats with captions

2 comments:

  1. I love the lol cats. They are so perfect! I wish you were closer to me so we could sneak to the animal shelter and you could enable me to take home the kitty I met there on Monday. Even Mr. Bunny liked this cat, I feel like I need to go save it. Logic is standing in my way. I think you would be a great person to help steer me away from logic for the sake of the kitty. (sorry to ramble)
    I'm so happy to read your mom is doing better. I also think it's great that your readers have spiked, you must make more scrubbys. I'll send you the post scrubby lotion. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture frame is why I thought she'd do just as well (if not better) in the hospital. But if she's improving so much she can go home already, Yeee Haww! We can only hope you're made out of the same tough, durable fabric as your mom.

    Please help Hunny Bunny out and enable her to get a cat. There's nothing like it :)

    ReplyDelete