Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Fantasy vs. Reality

Fantasy Weather for Massachusetts on July 1st: hot, probably close to 90. Sunny. You probably want air conditioning, but you still say, what a gorgeous day! I love summer!

Reality: Gray, rainy, foggy, and about 60. There's a flash flood watch.

According to the forecast*, it may be sunny a week from tomorrow.

*And we all know what that's worth.

Oh, sure, they say this Sunday will be only "partly cloudy", but we all know what that means. Five minutes of sun over the course of a day Does Not Count.

According to the Globe this morning, in June the sun was only out 27% of the potential time. (I would link to it, but the Globe's website chronically sucks at being able to find something that was in the paper.)

I bought fresh peas again after work, because peas are only fresh in the summer. If I'm eating fresh peas, it must be summer.

Right?

1 comment:

  1. I work longer and longer hours, so the outside weather does not impact me as much as the internal climate which ranges from broiling to frigid (sometimes in the same day).

    If it weren't for daylight saving time I would never see anything but night sky - as it is, I mostly see gray going to work and gray coming home.

    I have managed to get out for a breaktime walk exactly ONCE since last October.

    Today is different. Weather is irrelevant.

    Today I am in the maternity ward impatiently waiting for my granddaughter's arrival and it's all happy rainbows in my world.
    :-D

    ReplyDelete