Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sunshine Hangover

In a Daze
The only reason I can think of for my being such a lump today is that, after such a long, lovely, outdoors day as yesterday, my system is in shock. What is this? it gasps. Sunshine? Fresh air? How am I supposed to process all this? And instead of making a serious dent in the to-do list, it tells me to sleep late and have a laze-and-graze day while it deals with the unusual factors.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Maternal Update
My mother is recovering well; we thank you for any kind thoughts sent our way. Today, they're thinking to keep her in the hospital for a week of PT, instead of going to rehab to do it. Que sera, sera; or, whatever. The surgery went well, the recovery continues to go well, and as one is always aware of how things can go badly, one is grateful for such things.

Hockey in July

The Globe took some video footage of the rookie development camp last week. Hockey! In summer, the least little bit pleases disproportionally.

Now, On With the Show
Pictures are, so often, worth more words than I have time to write. Step into yesterday with me.
















"That's interesting," I said to one of my friends. "I wonder what's in that factory?"


She pointed me to the sign.


Really, I don't find yarn; it finds me.



And of course, I had my knitting with me.

3 comments:

  1. Hey dear~ have AJ call me if she gets a round TUIT. I've left messages on her call w/no response. Or maybe I can call her at the hospital? I need a #.

    L, JLKB

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have great camera composition skills. I love the tree knothole detail! Real in-the-ground calla lilies, too! (I always channel Katherine Hepburn whenever I come across them.)

    Our glorious day was enhanced by moving our Sunday SnB from our pub to Greely Park in Nashua. Beautious weather! Several weddings were being photographed there - maybe the ceremonies were there, too, but I dunno about that.

    More metta and prayers for your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Staying in the hospital instead of going to a rehab facility is probably not a bad idea unless the socializing aspects are important.

    Your photos always make me open my eyes to what's around me a bit more.

    ReplyDelete