Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What is live? When is it happening?

The TV is on in the living room, tuned to the Bruins game (of course).

I was doing something on the computer, which is on the other side of the kitchen from the living room, and due to the humidifier, I couldn't really hear the TV, so I'm Listening Live to the radio broadcast.

Then I started dinner, and although it's in between and you'd think I could listen to one or the other, with the sound of running water I decided to turn the radio on too.

I already knew that the TV and the radio broadcasts are not in sync: I've had some truly weird experiences trying to watch the TV and listen to the radio. But now I learn that even though the website says I am Listening Live, it's delayed by about a minute versus the actual radio.

This is strange. Dinner is almost done, so I will return to the TV and not have to deal with this. I'm so tired, physically and mentally, that I feel more confused than the situation probably warrants.

Go Bruins!

No comments:

Post a Comment