Sunday, December 21, 2008

It's Christmas Eve!

Well, according to my advent calendar, it is.

My lovely mother sends me the Harbor Sweets Chocolate-a-Day calendar every year, so that I have both the fun of counting down and the yum of the daily delicious chocolate. This year, I decided that since I was leaving on the 22nd, I would simply go through the month three days ahead, so that I hit the 25th when I was leaving, and didn't waste or rush the last few days. This morning was the 24th! I leave tomorrow. Ahhh.


Of course, it's snowing again today. But for now, the forecasters (or as I like to call them, overconfident wild-guessers) seem to agree that it will be messy today, not as much tomorrow. If my flight isn't canceled or even delayed, I will call it a Christmas miracle.

To build up karma points, I am trying not to grump too much about the weather today. I was just thinking about it, and it's rather a pity that I can't look at the snow, falling or on tree branches, and just think, "How beautiful." Instead, my thoughts are more along the lines of, "How beautiful. Messy roads. Do I really need milk/to go to work/anything at all outside of my condo? Cold. Shoveling, clearing off the car, rocking out of the parking spot, slipping around corners and down hills. Clearing off the car again. Cold hands, cold feet, frozen face, runny nose. Cold."

In other frozen news, the Bruins won again yesterday, but Patrice Bergeron was hit hard and may be concussed again. It wasn't as bad as last year's incident, on the ice anyway, but of course the results of this one are not yet known. The poor guy. Miss almost a whole season, and then get whumped again? It was a clean hit this time, unlike the "Randy Jones hit from behind into the boards special" that almost killed him last year, but concussions are tricky things, and repeats even more so.

The team has had a bunch of re-injuries recently, 2 or 3 times where players returning from injuries were out again in their first game back, and it's troubling. I feel bad for the player, and I worry about what it means to the team. I'm a Bruins fan no matter what happens, but it's been so much fun this year with them doing so well! I hope they manage to keep it up.

I need to go get packing, I suppose. As I always say before leaving, it isn't impossible that I'll post while I'm away, but it's unlikely. I should be back in a week, with stories and pictures and all that jazz.

In the meantime, I wish you all get whatever you want this holiday season, whether it's peace in your family or a KitchenAid mixer, health in general or a Wii Fit in particular, visits from dear ones or being left the hell alone. Whatever it is you want ... I hope you get it. If not, I hope you live through it. See you on the other side!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have an uneventful flight to Fla. and a great holiday with your fam - send everyone my love. jdj

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Overconfident wild-guessers" made me laugh out loud. Hilarious. Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete