Monday, December 01, 2008

Monday, Monday

So, the busy-ness of learning the new job was more of a welcome distraction today than it was before. Mostly I let the work come between me and the sadness, though of course there were moments. At one point I was walking along, feeling fairly cheerful, and out of nowhere my brain replayed the end, at the vet, with Pan in my arms, getting the shot and putting his head down on my arm, and I could have cried. Where did that come from? And why?

No more than that for now, I'm afraid. I went to stitch and bitch from work, so Harold is extra-needy. He seems to be okay ... but he needs a lap. So off we go.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your kitty. I have a cat who is going to be 15 on his next birthday, and losing him is going to be very hard.

    You're a good cat mom to know when he was ready to go. I'm sure he is up in heaven chasing all the milk twisties out from under Jesus's refrigerator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flashbacks will really get you; they come at the most inappropriate times (like life).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about the loss of your dear Pan! Had been away from the computer for a few days and it was so sad to read of his going, and of your sorrow.

    I have enjoyed all the pictures & stories; you love him wonderfully and cared for him so tenderly.

    Will be sending extra thoughts your way...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the stretches of feeling hollow inside, a phantom limb aching, and the disconnect of moving though life thinking I was seeing and feeling fine when the vivid clarity of images would flood me and just as suddenly vanish.

    Pan loved you as much as you cherished him.

    More cyber hugs.

    ReplyDelete