Sunday, December 07, 2008

This post is brought to you by the letter "B"

This game/meme/call it what you will looked like fun on Pocklock's blog, so I asked if I could play.

The rules: You leave a comment on this post, and I’ll assign you a letter (only if you want to play! you're allowed to comment and not want to play yourself, just say so). Write about ten things you love that begin with your assigned letter, and post it on your blog. When people comment on your list, you give them a letter, and so on.

So, Pocklock assigned me the letter B, and here we have, in no particular order, ten things I love that start with the letter B:

Beaches. Especially the one by my parents.


Books. My books, all books. Books.


Bruins. They're my team, hockey is my sport, I love it. That they're playing so well this year is a bonus, but I've been a Bruins fan as long as I can remember (and how long is that? Well, I was alive when they last won the Cup, in 72, but I don't remember it), through ups and downs.


Browsing. I like to shop, but sometimes not looking for a something specific is fun. Just looking. (Caveat: when you can't afford to buy anything, no matter how cheap, it isn't as much fun.)

Babies. I simply love babies.


Best friends. You know who you are. You know what you mean to me.

Bare feet. I wear shoes, sure, and socks, but weather permitting, I love bare feet. (Though I have wimpy feet, in terms of walking on shells and stuff. Ouch. But on sand, I love it.)


Bunnies (aka my cats, who have always been "bunny baby bear" and "hunny bunny" and so on; it started with my first cat, Honey, who went down stairs in a way that, viewed from behind, gave her a "bunny bottom".) Some bunny noses:


Boston. It's old and new and (despite the winters) where I belong.


Bargains. I went shopping yesterday--yes! for nonessentials! I am employed again!--and bought two sweaters. The hunting was fun (see browsing, above), and I really like them both.


It's not the greatest picture, I know. (Better light would have helped, but with weather, you take what you get. At least it stopped snowing. It's going to be a long winter, I'm afraid.) We have a black sweater with white patterning, and a blue-black-heather rib with a turtleneck that didn't strangle me! They're both soft, and I like them.

That was easy! And somewhat mood-raising, too. Want to play?

5 comments:

  1. Is that your library? Wow! So neat and upright!

    Since my blog is just starting up again after a hiatus of several months, I doubt anyone would comment and the meme would die. Besides, you'd probably assign me "Z" or "W" or something awkward :

    I saw some hockey and skate charms used as stitch markers and thought of you today. go here: http://www.etsy.com/search_results_shop.php?search_type=user_shop_ttt_id_5002492&search_query=skates Now if I knew your name and addy....

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all great things! You got a good letter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, please, assign me a letter! I need something to blog about besides a hospital stay and several weeks with no knitting accomplishments. Your bunny noses are cute! My neighbor's little white dogs sometimes resemble bunnies, too.

    ReplyDelete