Thursday, December 18, 2008

In the history of weeks...

It isn't an exaggeration to say that this has been one of the worst weeks of my life.

Much of it is just normal little annoying stuff, which sometimes comes in waves. Not big things, just lots of them. The newspaper arrives too late to read, a headlight blows on the car, the streets are icy. Every time I sit down in the car, the top button of my coat pops open, a new and irritating habit. My right contact lens has issues. Even last night, when our group at work went out for a holiday dinner, which was kind of nice, the service was horrendous beyond words.

Some of it is little work-related stuff. This is the highest priority, no this is, no they both are. And is it done yet? I print 200 labels for someone on Monday, oh they don't need them yet, no not yet, and on Thursday it's suddenly now! Now! And I need 500, why don't you have enough, can we print more? (I told her that yes, of course we can print more, but she has to tell me how many she needs, as I'm not psychic.)

Some of it is still being sad about Pan. It isn't every minute of every day, but it still hurts so much. I had to pick up his ashes at the vet tonight, and going there was hard, remembering the last time I was there. Not to mention the fact that it took me 45 minutes to drive about 2.5 miles, getting there.

Some of it is the holidays. I'm not in the holiday spirit this year, which makes me a little sad. But it's also supremely irritating when stores are insane and I just need to buy facial tissues and orange juice. I'm not Christmas shopping, damn it! Just let me buy the necessities of life without all this drama in the parking lot.

Then there's the weather. Snow and ice yesterday. Another 6-12 inches tomorrow. Then more Sunday night into Monday, which is of course when my plane is supposed to leave for Florida. Oh, pray for me on Monday morning. I'm scared.

The final straw, the icing on the cake, is that I'm exhausted. Working these few hours extra this week is wiping me out. I'm tired to the verge of tears before I even get home. I'm getting nothing done. And I have So Much To Do. Holy hell.

The doom clouds are thick above me.

2 comments:

  1. Is this the sunshine Christmas in Florida? My, do you need that!

    Actually, so do I. We won't go there... we did get power back on Tuesday by lunch time which helped a lot (no more showers by flashlight) but I forgot to book dog care for the 3 days we are away the weekend between Xmas and New Years and guess what? The doggie sitters are all booked. I have my fingers crossed on the kennel having openings.

    I see the picture of Pan and Harold cuddling every time I go to the cafeteria. I smile and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there CCR, am so sorry to hear your week is so horrible.

    I was hoping to come up there this weekend to have fun with you, but I fear this winter storm will keep me housebound down here.

    If you are at work today I hope you leave soon so as to not get trapped on bad roads. Please give me a call and let me know how you are.

    Miss and love you, jdj

    ReplyDelete