Friday, November 14, 2008

And Day Three

...was one step forward and two steps back.

Not an awful day, but not a great day. I did accomplish one or two things at work, but more was undone pending hookups to this and troubleshooting of that. The back of my neck feels very tense.

But! The Bruins won last night! It was a great game, and since it started at a decent hour (unlike Wednesday*), I got to watch it all.

*And by the way, Chicago was retiring a number before the game, so the 8:30 game didn't actually start until 9. I made it through the first period, then went to bed.

They beat Montreal in decisive fashion, and are 8 for their last 9, and fourth in the league standings. Ahhh. It's a good time to be a Bruins fan. Helps make up for the lean years. True story: I was wearing a Bruins shirt at a Charlotte Checkers game, in the late 90s, and someone walking past me snorted and said, "Yeah, they're doing well!" And while they weren't, of course, it made me want to ask the guy, do you only support teams that are winning?

Yawn! Working is just so tiring, isn't it? Bed now, and books tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment