Saturday, November 22, 2008

Weekend, Ahh

Today brings me another reason to like GenericCompanyName, Inc.

Can you tell what this is?


No? Let me zoom out.

How about now?


See the enormous gift basket? Full of goodies? According to the gift message from HR, "We are excited to have you on board." I'll say! Look at all this.


The first picture above is a detail of the basket/tray, which is no throw-away item, but suede with leather edges and handles.

Plus? Right on top was this little card:


Yes, unlike most manufacturers today, who seem to relish making their packaging impregnable to consumers (electronics and cold medicine, I'm looking at you in particular), they included scissors to help me get in. Just in case.


It wasn't really that hard to get in, and I have scissors on the kitchen table anyway. But I used theirs. It seemed right.

3 comments:

  1. wow...... GCN (generic company name) seems unusual -- gifts, free lunch Friday, snacks in the break room... Where did you find them??? Head hunter, DET job listings; newspapers, boston.com (I forget their current name). Inquiring minds want to know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, my! Nice to be appreciated, ain't it? GCN sounds nicer all the time. (Except for the cold climate and no water or food at your desk part, but you had some climate experience at your last gig, yes?)

    We both know you are *so* worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great basket! Almond Roca rocks. Did you see the grammar mistake in the note? It should have been "ensure."

    ReplyDelete